Piranha Neutralizer is an easy-to-use neutralizing agent that should be applied after using Piranha 8 and Piranha NexStrip 8. Piranha Neutralizer is suitable for use on interior and exterior surfaces including concrete, brick, stone, metal, wood, fiberglass and other similar surfaces.
How to Use
Before general use, it is important to test on a small, inconspicuous area to determine compatibility, required dwell time, coverage and desired results.
- Cover/protect/mask areas with plastic sheeting where neutralization is not required. If necessary protect plants and vegetation. Wear impervious gloves, apron and footwear and safety goggles and or/a face shield while using Piranha Neutralizer.
- Dissolve 1/2 to 1 pound of Piranha Neutralizer to each gallon of clean, tap water.
- Apply solution liberally using a brush, roller or pump/trigger sprayer and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse surface with clean, tap water.
- Check surface pH after rinsing surface with water. If pH is above 8, reapply Piranha Neutralizer until pH is within a range of 6-8 or a range deemed acceptable by the coating manufacturer if the substrate is being repainted.
- Thoroughly rinse surface with clean water to remove any Neutralizer residue.
- Allow surface to thoroughly dry for 5-7 days before applying any film forming coatings or paints. Prior to repainting always recheck pH to be certain it has remained within the acceptable range.
Approximately 100-125 ft2/gal. Coverage rates will vary depending upon the substrate and the application method utilized.
Clean all applicators and equipment with soap and water. Do not store or collect residue in metal containers. Use plastic containers only.
Dispose of all residue and un-used product in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Local requirements vary. Consult your local sanitation department or state designated environmental agency for local disposal options.