SerpiFlex asbestos encapsulant addresses abatement needs for bridging, penetrating, removal, lockdown and soil encapsulation. The product is tested and deemed acceptable for the encapsulation of asbestos containing material (ACM). SerpiFlex is also UL classified as both a bridging encapsulant and penetrating encapsulant for use with classified sprayed fiber.
How to Use
(Formula #1) For friable, porous, sprayed-on fireproof or acoustical insulation ¾” thick or greater.
- 5 gallons (19L) SerpiFlex to 6 gallons (22.8L) water. (45% SerpiFlex : 55% water)
- Apply by airless spray.
- Application Rate: 30 ft2/gallon per ¾” of penetration.
- Apply in multiple costs in one application.
- Keep spray gun moving, apply until surface glistens or material appears on surface.
- Apply heavy 1st coat using 2/3 of material.
- Let dry 4 hours. Apply balance of material.
- For hybrid approach, apply Bridging mix as a final coat.
(Formula #2) For cementitious sprayed-on fireproofing or acoustical up to ¾” thick.
- 5 gallons (19L) SerpiFlex to 1 gallon (3.8L) water. (83% SerpiFlex: 17% water)
- Apply by airless spray. Use small tip to avoid splashback. .017” tip size.
- Apply at 50-100 ft2/gallon • Use 2/3 on 1st coat. Balance on 2nd.
- Use brush for touch up (if needed) after drying.
(Formula #3) For pipe covering, boilers, ducts, & breeching repairs
- Apply by brush, roller or spray over entire surface, using 2 to 3 coats as needed.
- Use fiberglass or scrim cloth to repair damaged areas. Embed and coat fabric with SerpiFlex.
- For filling depressions, voids or large damaged areas, use SerpiMastic.
- Rate varies 100-200 ft2/gallon per coat – multiple thin coats work best.
- For pipes use 4” spray Fan Tip to avoid overspray.
(Formula #4) For Fiber Free Removal
- 1 gallon (3.8L) SerpiFlex to 5 gallons (19L) of water (17% SerpiFlex : 83% water)
- Apply as needed for removal: Approximately 50 ft2/ gallon per 1” of penetration.
- Use .022” tip size or larger.
- Spray multiple coats in one application – allow for SerpiFlex to absorb to substrate before removing.
(Formula #5) For Post Removal Assurance
- 5 gallons (19L) SerpiFlex to 6 gallons (22.8L) water (45% SerpiFlex: 55% water)
- Use airless spray equipment Titan or equal. 3/8” to 1/2” hose with .017” tip, 12” fan.
- Post Removal Assurance Rate 450 ft2/gallon.
- One coat as needed.
- Compatible with most insulation and fireproofing spray back products.
GROUND SEALER MIX
(Formula #6) For crawl spaces and other contaminated soil area
- 5 gallons (19L) SerpiFlex to 6 gallons (22.8L) water (45% SerpiFlex : 55% water)
- Use airless spray equipment Titan or equal. 3/8” to 1/2” hose with .022” tip, 12” fan.
- Apply multiple coats in one application
- Keep spray gun moving, apply until surface glistens or material remains on surface as needed.
- Rate of 30 ft2/gallon per 1” of penetration. (Average)
- Will not penetrate wet or clay earth. Rate of penetration will vary according to different soil conditions.